The weirdest thing happened to me after I graduated nursing school... I became even more disorganized. You would think that once you earn your degree -- some parts of your life wouldn't seem so discombobulated. But, here I am, confused even more than I was before. Unable to find meaning and energy in my job anymore... It's nice to have a patient love you and truly appreciate you -- but when is that? Once in a blue moon? When there's a shooting star?
I heard about that -- burn out nurse. Or was it the shock of a new graduate? Something like that. I learned about it in nursing school briefly .. When a new graduate has all of this hope and excitement, but when they actually start working, they are shocked at the real meaning of a real world. So, they either go two ways -- 1)switch from one facility to another OR 2)change their career entirely.
I'm not sure I want to do either one of those, so... I went to a bookstore and bought Chicken Soup for the Nurses Soul. Read about four chapters.... and is now shopping for another facility to work in.
Hah. I wonder if giving up $14.95 was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment