Friday, June 27, 2008

.femme fatales.

It is that time of year when I come up with a favorite list. I saw in aol.com a list of famous femme fatales in movies, and I thought about doing mine as well. Something different and new. I got two images from there, but I added ones that I think was in definite need of credit.



Top 10 fave femme fatales in movies :

#10

Sophie Marceau: James Bond - Sure, there were a lot of female villains in James Bond movies, but this one definitely cuts the cake. As the first female to ever entrance, seduce and break James Bond's heart, she was not only beautiful and seductive, she had a way about her that made her vulnerable and fragile -- yet you know deep inside, that she was one dangerous woman.

#9

Uma Thurman: Kill Bill - Don't get me wrong, the movie was gory and demanded a lot of suspension in belief from the audience - but, Uma Thurman as the angry woman seeking for revenge, definitely kicked major ass in this film. She fought her way through hundreds of men with one single sword.. Now, that is a woman who is determined.

#8
Sarah Michelle Gellar: Cruel Intentions - She is the Marcia - f*cking -Brady of the upper east side. Yes, indeed. Usually, we are use to seeing Sarah Michelle as the famous slayer in her hit tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so when we saw her as the cruel, ruthless sexy villain in Cruel Intentions, we were immediately blown away. As the ruthless, manipulative, cunning female, she damaged everyone's lives without hesitation, and immediately became one of the most famous 'femme fatales' in cinematic history.

#7
Angelina Jolie - whether she's saving the world in Tomb's Radar, kicking Brad Pitt's ass in Mr. & Mrs. Smith, or shooting enemies in her new movie, Wanted - the known sexiest actress of this generation, defines a whole new meaning to the word 'femme fatale.' Not only is she gorgeous and sexy, but she really can kick ass in the most graceful way possible.

#6
Cate Blanchett: Queen Elizabeth - Playing a historical figure isn't easy, but Cate Blanchett did it with ease and perfection. As Queen Elizabeth, she played the perfect royalty who ruled England for years to come, and was the woman to be heard. They have a saying, "I'm a woman, hear me roar." And she was definitely the Woman that roared.

#5
Natalie Portman: The Other Boleyn Girl - Playing the mother of Queen Elizabeth, Anne Boleyn, Natalie had us at the edge of our seat, surprisingly hating and loving the character all in one jumble. She lied, betrayed and manipulated her way to the throne, but somehow in the end, we emphatized with her and cried for her. Not really knowing how we feel about her, we realize, that in true femme fatale form, she made history.

#4

Gwyneth Paltrow: Great Expectation - As the haughty, beautiful, untouchable woman, she seduced and played mind games with Ethan Hawke, stole his heart away, and left him begging for more... This classic film brought a whole new meaning to Gwyneth's versatility, and gave her the role as the seductress female fatale that left men completely besotted.

#3
Michelle Pfeiffer: Catwoman - Yes, I agree, forget about all those actresses that played Catwoman, Michelle Pffeiffer was the woman that made Catwoman as she is now. She perfected this character to the T. From the way she gracefully walked like a cat to the way she seduced Batman and broke his heart all in one sitting -- she made Catwoman!


#2

Glenn Close: Fatal Attraction - Sure, she was a raging psycho, who definitely had a borderline personality disorder - but, Glen Close became the star of this movie, and made men from all over the country close their legs and vow to never cheat on their wives. She played her way into this movie as probably the most memorable femme fatale in record, and became the epitome of "hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned.'

#1
Sharon Stone: Basic Instinct - Who can forget the famous scene when Sharon Stone crosses and uncrosses her legs and reveals all of her glory? This film was her big breakthrough female role, and it was one hell of a role to fit in. She was the sexy, dangerous woman who had questionable sexual preferences, and toyed with Michael Douglas mind like there was no tomorrow. She was definitely not a woman you could trust, and definitetly the definition of a 'femme fatale.'

2 comments:

Joyce Sosoban said...

Hi Ivy,

I like your list. :) I answered your message in my blog. But, yes, I received the pictures you sent me before. I thought I emailed you back though I'm not too sure. Hope you'll show or send some new pictures.

Hope you're all well there. I am fine, just very busy with deadlines and with a new assignment.

Take care and God bless!


love,
Ate Joy

Joyce Sosoban said...

Hi Ivy,

I like your list. :) I answered your message in my blog. But, yes, I received the pictures you sent me before. I thought I emailed you back though I'm not too sure. Hope you'll show or send some new pictures.

Hope you're all well there. I am fine, just very busy with deadlines and with a new assignment.

Take care and God bless!


love,
Ate Joy