Monday, June 9, 2008

how far will a man go?

I was with one of my girlfriends when this topic came into play.. we were drinking Starbucks coffee and mindlessly talking about the sale going on in department stores when we got into the topic of men. You know this has been irking me a lot lately because men tend to abusively push buttons, and for some odd reason, it has been happening a lot lately to the women around me.

I want to use myself as an example... I dated a guy once, who was an egotistical maniac. Mind you, I had no idea he was this type of guy until I actually got to know him. I liked him to a certain degree. He was new, confident, and somewhat, one of the first dates I've ever been to. (I didn't date a lot, my husband was my first serious boyfriend). Anyway, the first time I met him, he seemed nice. He acted polite and he also acted like a gentleman. My cousins, whom I trusted dearly, were friends with him and were really pushing me towards him. They wanted me to give him a chance. So I did. The first date was fine, he was nice... he gave me flowers, complimented me, paid for dinner, drove me home on time and walked me to my door. Which is exactly what I want from a man in the first date, I expect nothing less.

It was only however, when I got to know him, that I realized he wasn't what I wanted in a man. By all means, I wasn't looking for happily ever after with him, but I certainly didn't want to be with a man like him or waste anymore time with him. My instincts told me that there was something not right. He was very narcissistic and materialistic. The things he was interested in, I found mundane. Our conversations were dull. And... of course, he liked to push buttons... and not in the right way... The kind of way that I don't put up with... Especially, not with someone like him. So, I told him politely that we were better off in seperate ways...

Well, lo and behold, it turned out that he wasn't exactly the greatest guy in the world, to say the least... After I ended things, he spread vicious, untrue, terrible rumors about me and husband... So, the truth of the matter was, when I was with him, I didn't let him go far enough to push a lot of buttons. He pushed maybe three times, and I walked out the door right away... He was not worth it. He definitely didn't deserve my time, and he certainly had no right whatsoever to push any kind of buttons with me. He only showed me half of the kind of guy he was, but I trusted my instincts to end any ties with him immediately...

So, the truth of the matter is, whether it be the way he acts towards you, or if he's got wandering eyes, or even as to far as if he cheats.... a man, will always push buttons... Surprisingly, they will push as far as they can go... They will go and and go and go. It's their human nature... The question is, how far will you let them? And is the man even worth it? So, the answer I have for my girlfriend is, it all depends on the woman on how far a man will go... what her limits are, how much she likes herself, and of course, if he's worth it... By all means, I promote in fighting for love... You can fight for love as far as humanly possible, but at first, make sure you're fighting for the right one..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blogsite. I just wanted to say that this entry was quiet interesting actually... It made me wonder about my relationship as well.