Tuesday, April 8, 2008

.new life.

Lately I've been obsessing over completely redesigning my place. I'm constantly window shopping online trying to find the best deal with rugs, throw pillows, even new dressers for our room. I watch the hgtv channel all day long. lol. It's hard though because I'm trying my best to find the cheapest contemporary look out there -- which I'm guessing you all know is close to impossible. I just don't want to go all out because we don't have a house yet, so it's really not worth it to spend all that money on decorating a place that you're only going to temporarily live in. Yet, at the same time I'm starving to get a new loook, because in a way, with the new addition in our lives, it represents a new life... therefore, I want our place to reflect what's going on with the changes.

My husband thinks I'm going through a phase.. some sort of neurotic stage that I go through every six months or so. I disagree with him, but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

One thing that I'm definitely going to throw out though is this awful headboard we have... It has an eclectic look, but I hate it... For one thing, it creaks at every movement we make. Even if my husband is just scratching his head, the freakin' thing creaks!!! It's awful... I want to throw it out.... Another annoying furniture I personally have grown to dislike is the egg chair in our bedroom... I was excited the first time we got it though because I thought it had a really different look, and it was comfortable when you sit on it. However, overtime, my husband has decided to make it into his very own "i'm-too-lazy-to-hang-my-clothes-so-i'll-throw-it-in-the-egg-chair" furniture. So now, the freakin' thing is piled with clothes of his, and has become a complete nuisance. I hate it. And I want to get rid of it; that way whenever my husband comes home, he has no where to throw his clothes on, so he has no choice but to hang it. Note: Men are children... they never really grow up.

So now that I'm done venting... I'm ready to redecorate this place.. And damn it, I will find an inexpensive way to do it. Contemporary. And, no I am not being stubborn. Hmpfh.

No comments: