Friday, January 11, 2008

.a miracle.

So I know I haven't posted in the longest time. As anticipated, I just had a baby. It's a baby boy! And of course, that has been 99% occupying my time. It is insane. A big huge adjustment. One word of advice, don't have a baby until you are completely physically, mentally, emotionally and financially ready. Otherwise, you're in for one big surprise of a lifetime. Anyway, my husband and I are still at a period of adjustment, but -- it is worth it. The minute my baby was given to me, I finally knew what it felt to love something so much it overwhelmed you. He's all I ever talk about! I mean, when I finally have time to myself and the baby is sleeping, I go in the computer and look at his pictures. Hah. It's insane. I'm obssessed wtih him. To think the love of my life is short and pudgy! LoL.

Anyway, maternity leave has given me a lot of time to think about where my career is going. What I want to do. Whether or not I really want to pursue a masters in nursing.. or pursue this crazy dream of being a writer! There's a lot of thinking... A lot of pondering.. Then I look at my son, and I realized it's not about me anymore... Everything is about him from now on. What I really want to do is provide him the best place to grow up in... A loving family and a beautiful, comfortable, cozy house.... So what's is my goal now? Work my butt off to provide him just that... Once you have a child, nothing seems to matter but him... Whatever your "I" goals were, will literally be thrown out the window... for now. Interesting isn't?

One thing I've also been thinking about while on maternity leave has been completely redecorating my place. I'm really leaning into a contemporary style but with more warmth... I would love the color green for my living room... Something bold but cozy. I would love to use a funky green color for a carpet. With those contemporary lamp shades...

Or I can go with more of an elegant modern look as opposed to contemporary warmth. Like this:
A look like this won't have as much of a cozy feel to it, but it is rather beautiful... I'm still debating over what look I want...

And how beautiful is this bedroom? Is it my style or not?


Then there's debating on a new place. My husband and I are planning to move, we just don't know when or where yet. We did find this beautiful, beautiful apartment with a loft and a huge window in the living room. It was rather perfect for me at that moment... Everything was new... And the apartment was wall to wall carpet, which I love!
So what's the problem? A bit far...
Decisions.. Decisions... To think a year ago, the only decision I worried about was what to wear for class... Yes, approximately a year ago.... Funny isn't?

No comments: