Sunday, January 15, 2012

.my imagination.

So I finally decided to give this new TV show on the CW called the Secret Circle a chance; I was extremely nervous because I grew up reading the book series and I had my own imagination and my own mindset on how I wanted the characters to be. Lo and behold, after watching one episode, I was - of course, disappointed. Specifically on how the characters looked and acted. To get a better idea of what I mean, let me show you a picture of the actual book cover and how these characters are drawn:


Exhibits:





Take a good look at the drawings of these characters, specifically the main ones, Cassie, Diane, Faye and Adam.

Now take a look at what I think these characters should look like in an actual tv show.

First of Cassie Blake - the lead character - Cassie is supposed to have really light brown hair - almost to a point where it's golden-like. She's also suppose to look innocent on the outside; but yet have this fire and intensity that is lurking behind her eyes. And I think Keri Russell has this look pat down to the T! :


This is how she should look like:

Cassie is the girl in the center on each cover. Now take a look at my Cassie! Such similarities don't ya think? Courtesy of Keri Russell's beauty of course! Now, you can only imagine my disappointment when I saw the Cassie they had play in the show. Much to my dismay, her hair was blonde and she looked nothing like the one showing in the book cover!


Second is Diane Meade - the pure witch goddess - Diane is supposed to be incredibly beautiful with golden blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. She's supposed to be sooo beautiful that she almost looks ethereal. And who better to play than the actress who actually played a woman that launched a thousand ships -- Diane Kruger's gorgeous face!:



This is how she should look like:

Take a look at the girl in the book cover with the white shirt - and take a look at my Diane! The similarities are astounding! And I still believe Diane should have been a blonde in the show! It completely ruined it for me!


Up next:

Faye Chamberlain - the stunningly wicked witch . Faye is supposed to be unbelievably sexy and in-your-face gorgeous; she's supposed to be manipulative and cunning, with long jet black hair and eyes that change color depending on her mood. She is supposed to be stunning!!! And of course, who better to play this then:




Meghan Fox!!!!!!!!! Of course!!! Faye was my biggest disappointment next to Adam. I expected so much out of Faye's character; that I wanted someone that look and exude as much sexiness as Meghan Fox!!! So of course, once again, my disappointment was kicked up to a high notch when I saw the Faye in the tv show. Btw - Faye in the book cover is the one with the black hair and red jacket.



And last but not least, my next disappointment:

Adam Conant - the mysterious, devastatingly handsome and sexy leading man with eyes that pierces through the night; a brooding yet sensitive and caring character. He's supposed to have this intense, smoldering look and a physique that is somewhat larger than life - ladies & gentleman I give you my Adam Conant:




Scott Speedman!!! No offense, but Adam Conant is supposed to be AAALLL MAN, not a boy!!! And who better to play opposite Keri Russell than her original leading man - Scott Speedman. Scott has just the perfect smoldering look; with amazing eyes and gorgeous manly body! He's the Adam that I imagined in my mind! And FYI - Adam is the only guy in the book cover if you need to compare. But who needs to compare, it's Scott Speedman ! *lol*


If you know the book well, let me know what you think. These are my interpretation and my high hopes since I was a child of how the character should look and act! And I have to say, I think I got them down pat!



No comments: